Physician Profiles Search
- Search for physicians in Massachusetts based on specialty or location to find information on their education, training, and professional awards. The Board of Registration in Medicine’s physician profiles also include any instances of criminal convictions, hospital or board discipline, and medical malpractice payments.
License verification site for dentistry, EMS, pharmacy, nursing
- Verify the status of a health provider’s state license to practice, and any disciplinary actions taken against them, via the Department of Public Health’s website. Information is available for a variety of professions including dentistry, emergency medical services, pharmacy, nursing and nurse aides.
License verification sites for other health professionals
- Verify the licenses of health professionals who are not included on DPH’s license verification site, such as chiropractors and social workers, contact the relevant licensing board.
Excluded and suspended professionals
Check these state and federal lists before hiring in-home caregivers such as home health aides and personal care attendants.
MassHealth list of suspended or excluded providers
- Search the list of individuals and entities in Massachusetts that are suspended or excluded from participating in MassHealth for reasons such as fraud or other criminal activity. Individuals whose names appear on this list should NOT be hired to work as caregivers. The list is organized by provider type.
Federal Exclusions Database
- Search the U.S. Office of Inspector General’s list of “Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)” to find health care individuals who are excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid and all other Federal health care programs. Individuals whose names appear on this list should NOT be hired to work as caregivers.